LEGAL STUDENT MENTOR PROGRAM
As a law student or recent law graduate, transitioning into legal practice can be very difficult.
The Brietley London Student Mentor Program is the ultimate opportunity to gain invaluable insight into the legal profession.
Did you know, students and people in general who have mentors achieve greater success than their peers who do not. Statistics show they earn more, are promoted more often, gain greater experience and achieve greater satisfaction in their personal and professional lives.
Unlock your future career in law with the Brietley London professional mentor program.
- Pairing with a highly qualified and experienced legal mentor
- Gain invaluable insight into the legal profession and receive practical advice in relation to legal study, careers, legal practice or any topic law related
- Network and meet new professional colleagues
- Possible opportunities for employment, work experience, clerkships and volunteering
- To help law students and graduates create meaningful relationships with senior colleagues in order to help reduce and overcome barriers of entry to the legal profession
- To promote openness and a positive and rewarding experience for both the mentee and mentor
- To provide support and advice throughout the mentor program
Who is eligible to join the program?
Active Student Members of Brietley London who are:
- Law graduates; or
- Current students of an Australian University completing a recognised law degree; and
- Completed at least one year of study with a pass minimum GPA
Basic Program Outline
- 3 sessions run annually, each lasting 12 weeks
- One on one pairing with an experienced senior lawyer
- Regular communication agreement – In-person, phone, skype, email etc
- Other responsibilities and duties as agreed
Current student members of Brietley London, please access the program registration page below.
Please contact member services if you are unable to access the page.
Not yet a member of Brietley London?
To access the Legal Student Mentor Program registration you must be a current Student Member of Brietley London.
If you are subscribed as a Basic Member (Free membership subscription) you will need to upgrade to a Student Membership via the Memberships page.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get paired with a Mentor?
How do I communicate with my Mentor?
We recommend you try to meet monthly in person and communicate weekly via other means.
Can I expect to gain employment from the program?
What are some things my Mentor can assist me with?
What duties and responsibilities can my Mentor ask of me?
Will there be a Mentor in my location?
We are actively growing the mentor program and new mentors are joining each day. If you are from a more remote location or if there are limited mentors based physically in your area we will endeavour to find you a suitable mentor. The use of Skype and other forms of video conferencing will allow you to build a valuable relationship with a mentor and gain invaluable experience from the program.